You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘girl geek dinner’ tag.
- Last Wednesday: geeking with the girls. Lovely, as usual. Especially lovely, ’cause it was the first time with no males at all. They were banned. Yes, they were. Nivea sponsored this edition and gave us all some great beauty tips ànd a make-over. Nothing for real males in other words. Sorry that the dinner’s heart and soul, Clo, couldn’t make it. She fell ill. Next dinner is on the 10th of March. Topic is ‘mobile’.
If you ask me, the 8th edition of the Belgian Girl Geek Dinner was the best till now.
A vibrant location, lovely people with all kinds of intrests, and great gadgets.
- As for the gadgets: Imke Dielen brought her Rolly with her and gave a demonstration. On YouTube demos can be seen as well:
- As for the location: there was a great art project going on in Vooruit: Almost Cinema 08. If you are in Ghent these days, there’s no excuse to skip it. Moreover, it’s for free. I also tried the ‘Think To Me’-box (5 euro). Nobody wanted to tell me in advance what it was all about. I’m not going to tell you either. But it’s really worthwile.
- As for the vibrant people: there were the ‘old faces’, the ‘very old faces’ (people I used to study with), and the new faces – at least for me. Like rrradiogirrrl, Nathalie of LBi, Anne of TenderFeelings and artist Jan Leenders, who made my Twit2Art.
Tonight I am going to the second Girl Geek Dinner in Brussels. I’m stuck with a nasty cold, but it won’t stop me from going.
For several reasons:
1. I promised to bring a beamer. So without me, no beamer and thus no presentation. Waw, am I important 😉
2. The presentation will be about sexuality and the internet. Quite interesting, don’t you think?
3. A lot of the attendants are ‘new’, which means they weren’t at the first Girl Geek Dinner. New girls and in other words new conversation topics and insights. Will be interesting, I think.
By the way, thanks to my company we can also add a gift to the goodies bag. Each girl will receive a cute picnic blanket from us. Too bad it’s almost winter. But since friends of mine recently put up their tent in the living room (they really did), I can imagine that a Christmas picnic at the fireside isn’t that far fetched. Anyway I hope everybody will enjoy 🙂